Provincial Positive Voices Coordinator
Reports to: ACCH Executive Director
Hours of Work: 10 hours per week
Position Description: The Provincial Positive Voices Coordinator is a contracted, part-time position responsible for the development and coordination of the Alberta Community Council on HIV’s (ACCH) Positive Voices Caucus. Working with the Executive Director and Stakeholder Relations, the incumbent will develop strategies to increase the ability of people living with HIV/AIDS to prevent the transmission of HIV, HCV and other related STBBIs.
The Provincial Positive Voices Coordinator will work from home in a position that allows for flexible hours.
- Postsecondary degree or equivalent in social sciences, health, business or related field is recommended.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Proven success and experience in engaging stakeholders and creating positive changes, developing collective action in a unified voice.
- Knowledge of the geographic, relational and governance structures for PHAs in Alberta.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, website content management and social media.
- Working knowledge/experience of HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C, Harm Reduction and related issues.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel.
- Self-motivation and ability to work within deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Facilitate learning opportunities to caucus members.
- Enhance the capacity of the Positive Voices Caucus to engage in policy work related to the needs of people living with HIV/AIDS by developing policy and position statements.
- Develop processes and procedures for the Positive Voices Caucus, which align with the strategic plan, mission, vision and values of ACCH.
- Coordinate and track an environmental scan and needs assessment to support the Positive Voices Caucus in developing a strategic plan, mission, vision, values and work plan.
- Coordinate the development and operation of the Positive Voices Caucus, while liaising between the Caucus and ACCH to communicate key findings, challenges and recommendations.
- Report updates on the Positive Voices Caucus to Alberta Community HIV Policy and Funding Consortium and ACCH Members.
- Support the Positive Voices Caucus in establishing key communication mechanisms, such as visual identity, website and social media channels.
- Undertake PVC related evaluation tasks as directed
- Represent ACCH at meetings and conferences, as required.
- Attend and participate in other ACCH meetings and events.
- Perform other related duties as needed by ACCH.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com by January 4, 2019 at 4:00pm.